Monday

Children sleeping with Adults


There have been many nights in which I was called to breast feed my son when he was born. Having him in bed with me was alot easyer than getting up and going to a rocking chair to feed him during the night. There were warrings from an organization from the hosptial that in doing this might jeopodize my child. Rolling over and suffication him/her was one major conceren. I read an article on many other parents sleeping with their child. Many found that there was a confidence level that was increased by knowing their parent was close by. Others like my husband would disagree with this wanting his time spent without my son in bed. This was difficult for my son and me. We did find that doing activties before bed were enjoyable and he would fall asleep. Then I could feel at easy that my son went to sleep happy. My husband was happy too.

No comments: